Federal Tax Project Manager
Our Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practices assists companies of all sizes, start-ups, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies, in various areas of Federal Tax Incentives including but not limited to Federal Level and State Level R&D Tax Incentives.
- Work directly with the Director of the Federal Tax Credit & Incentives Practice team
- Help manage the Federal Tax Credit & Incentives Practice Team as they gather and document a claim for both Federal & State Level R&D Tax Credits
- Effectively manage staff and to ensure that engagements are completed in the most efficient manner achievable.
- Effectively handle correspondence with IRS and State governments during examinations
- Effectively communicate and build working relationships with clients by keeping them up-to-date with project progress, updates, and billing.
- Identify opportunities for new and/or existing clients.
- Train, coach, and supervise staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. MBA or MST in Taxation preferred.
- CPA, EA, or Attorney with a valid CAF number.
- Expert in various areas of Tax in public accounting or consulting rendering R&D Tax Credit services across diverse industries.
- Intermediate understanding of tax mechanics.
- Familiarity with amending tax returns.
- Strong tax technical skills; project management skills; and business development skills
- Ability to develop and sustain client and prospecting relationships is required.