Indirect Tax Manager
Our Indirect Tax group assists companies of all sizes with compliance, controversy, and consulting services for various Indirect Taxes, including but not limited to sales & use tax, telecommunications taxes, and excises taxes.
- Help clients assess their Indirect Tax burden and recommend best practices that will support their overall business objectives and ensure that they are compliant with all applicable tax laws.
- Effectively leverage staff and all available technology to ensure that engagements are completed in the most efficient manner achievable.
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients by actively being involved in business development activities that identify and research opportunities for new and / or existing clients.
- Train, coach, and supervise staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert in various areas of Indirect Tax, including sales & use tax, telecommunications taxes, and various excise taxes in multiple taxing jurisdictions.
- Adept at researching evolving Indirect Tax laws, regulations, policies and procedures and articulating complex tax positions to clients.
- Familiarity with all aspects of Indirect Tax compliance including, tax planning and structuring, audit defense, and reverse audits.
- Ability to identify and address client needs while managing engagement staffing and project budget.
- Competent at using various ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, etc.) and sales tax software applications (i.e. Avalara, Vertex, etc.).